Woodmont Academy is honored to be participating in a Helping Hands Medical Mission in El Salvador this fall. Formally established in 1996 as a Catholic Medical Mission under the direction of the Legionaries of Christ, these medical missions provide healthcare services for the poor in rural areas of developing countries.
This mission has two objectives, first, to send medical professionals, supplies and equipment to benefit the most needy in the area. Secondly, we seek to strengthen our relationship with our Mano Amiga School by bringing additional supplies to supplement our Christmas giving.
This is a Woodmont community project. You can get involved by
- volunteering to go to El Salvador as a medical professional in any of the following areas:
- Nurse Anesthetist
- O.R. Nurse
- Family Practitioner
- gathering medical supplies, medical equipment, and medications
- helping with classroom activities in preparation for the mission
- supporting the mission with a financial contribution
The students will be involved by
- sacrificing and praying for the success of the mission
- gathering canned goods and classroom supplies for the Mano Amiga school
- making rosaries to give to the patients and family members that are a part of the mission.
The date of the mission is November 5 – 13, 2004. Please consider helping in any way you can. For a more complete overview of the Helping Hands Medical Mission program, please visit their website, www.hhmm.org.
To raise funds for the medical mission, a Community Yard Sale will be held at Woodmont Academy on Saturday, Sept. 18, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – rain or shine.
2000 Woodmont Drive, Cooksville, MD 21723 • [email protected]
Office: 443-574-8100 • Admissions: 443-574-8100 x104 • Fax: 410-465-9162